From Emotions to Advocacy
The Special Education Survival Guide by Pam & Pete Wright
|Home > 10 Reason Why Schools Say No!|
Year in Review Series
10 Reasons Why Schools Say No!
1. The school does not want to change long-standing procedures.
2. The school does not want to make exceptions to existing policies or practices.
3. The school is afraid of setting a precedent.
4. The school does not have the staff to meet the childs needs.
5. The staff is not trained to meet the childs needs.
6. The school does not have a program to meet the childs needs.
7. The school is committed to their one-size-fits all service delivery models.
8. The school believes the services your child needs are too expensive.
9. The school is overwhelmed by the complexity of your childs needs.
10. The school does not understand the legal requirement to provide your child with an individualized program.
Copyright © 1999-2018, Peter W. D. Wright and Pamela Darr Wright. All rights reserved. Contact Us